- What is RevContent?
- Why use RevContent?
- What is Different in RevContent?
- Getting Started
- Add a Campaign Notes
- Additional Notes
What is RevContent?
RevContent provides a network to advertise campaigns across numerous sites. RevContent also utilizes a customizable widget that site owners (publishers) can make to fit their specific site needs.
Why use RevContent?
RevContent has 250 billion content recommendations a month and is the fastest growing native ad network. RevContent uses widgets so publishers have more control over the types of ads running on their properties.
RevContent has a variety of publishers they host their ads with.
What is Different in RevContent?
RevContent lets you target by content type : Topics or Brands. Topics are things like health and fitness, editorial news, and others. Brands represent their partner sites where they have ad placements such as Forbes and Newsweek. By understanding your campaigns' target audience you can reach them and only them to get better performance out of your native advertising.
Integrate your RevContent account with Maximus. To integrate your account you need to provide us with your Secret Key and API Key.
To start a campaign, follow the Add a Campaign documentation.
Add a Campaign Notes
Image Requirements, Text Requirements, and Ad Text Tokens
RevContent has a 1.333:1 aspect ratio for their images and a 80 character limit for titles. You can read the Creating Ads documentation by clicking here.
RevContent supports using tokens in the ad text to customize messages to appear to to target the user. Click here to read more about the available ad text.
Content and Targeting Type
On the Content step of campaign creation you must select the content type and targeting type. Your campaign can run as an App, Article, or Video content type-
- Article: This default content type indicates that the landing page of the content is in article form. If the LP does not direct to a video or an app, article should be selected.
- Video: If the landing page brings users to a video, video should be selected as the content type. If a publisher has enabled video content on their site, the campaign will appear with a play button. If a publisher has not enabled video content, the campaign will still show, but will not be accompanied by the play button.
- Mobile App: This content type should be selected for all mobile apps.
Targeting types are either Brand or Topic:
- Brand Targeting will enable targeting for brand partners (like Forbes.com).
- Topic Targeting will enable target for topic channels (like conservative news).
These tokens can be added to a weighted link to track parameters related to the campaign. Click here for more information about adding tokens to your links.
Click here to read about optimizing with Fire & Forget™ using RevContent.
Campaign and Site Bidding
RevContent site bidding is separate from campaign CPC and is not a multiplier of campaign CPC. Updating the campaign CPC will only affect sites that do not currently have a site bid applied. All other CPCs must be adjusted in the Site/Widgets Report.
Networking Targeting on the Platform
RevContent offers additional targeting which can be done outside of Maximus. If a setting can be changed in Maximus, do not change it on the network. In RevContent you can do Region Targeting, Operating System (and OS Version) Targeting. Click here to view our network targeting outside of Maximus documentation.
You can block both Topics/Brands and Widgets, along with using Widget Block EPC with Fire & Forget™ to block widgets automatically.
The Campaign Details page also displays a report on RevContent widget stats. You can block and unblock widgets here in addition to the Site/Widgets Report.