Add Gemini Video Ads
One of the main benefits of native video ads is that they look like natural content and blend in with other content on the page. This creates a more relevant experience for your target audience and behaves consistently with the native user experience.
Verizon Media (formerly Yahoo) prioritizes non-disruptive native video and serves it on both desktop and mobile apps. Because Yahoo and other properties have so many users, the impression volume reaches about 140M impressions each day. Typically, videos autoplay but default to mute, allowing users to expand the video and turn on the sound. Gemini users can set up videos to play internationally.
Adding a video ad to a new Gemini campaign can be done at the same time when adding static images.
Video assets must meet the following requirements to run on Gemini.
- Format: .mp4, .m4v, or .mov
- File Size: 1GB maximum
- Minimum: 5 seconds
- Maximum: 30 seconds for app install campaigns, 5 minutes for promote brand campaigns
- Aspect Ratio:
- Minimum: 480x360p (4:3) or 480x270 (16:9)
- Recommended: 640x480p (4:3) or 640x360p (16:9)
- Video Bitrate:
- Minimum: 300kbps
- Recommended: 500kbps
- Audio Quality: If the video contains audio, it must have 2 channel stereo.
- Minimum: 32kbps
- Recommended: 64kbps
Note: Both a 1200x627p and 627x627p image are required, along with the video, to run native video ads on Gemini.
Images are required because they act as mobile ad end cards and for display ads. They show when your video is not playing.
Tips and Tricks
- Start with high-quality video
- Make sure the first three seconds of your video are engaging. This is when advertisers are best able to capture their target audience’s attention.
- Produce multiple versions of your video. Test each version to see which performs best.
- Use high-quality images.
- Make your landing pages mobile friendly.
- Use your title to draw your audience’s attention.
- Keep your videos to 15 seconds rather than 30 seconds. An audience is more likely to watch 15 second ads on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Keep your ad relevant by featuring trending topics that are important to your target audience.
How to Add a Video
- To upload a video, add a normal Gemini image. Next to the ‘Crop” button, there is the button to upload a video.
- The upload box for adding the video when then show. Once the video has uploaded, click Save & Close.
- After closing, the video icon as green represents that the video has been successfully uploaded and attached to the ad.