What is Stop Amount?
Stop Amount is an amount that your campaign has lost where you want to prevent any further bidding. At this point in the day the campaign has spent too much you want to cut your losses and try and resume bidding the next day.
How Does Stop Amount Work?
If a campaign reaches Stop Amount, Maximus will pause the campaign. The campaign will be restarted if conversions come in to clear the Stop Amount threshold, or when the next day starts in US Eastern Timezone.
When campaigns meet the Stop Amount, a notification will appear in the bottom right. To learn more about User Notifications, click here.
Any changes made to CPC values (campaign or site CPC) while a campaign is in Slow Amount will be set back to the lowest bid amount. Since Slow Amount will occur before Stop Amount, all site bids are wiped before Stop Amount.
Budget Increase works well with Stop Amount and prevents a campaign which was successful earlier (causing Budget Increase to increase the budget) from losing money if no conversions come through later in the day.
Set the Stop Amount Threshold
Enter the desired amount you want your campaign to pause at if it has lost that much profit today.
Once your campaign loses a specific amount of money relative to the expectation of campaign performance, you want to prevent all spending on it. Let's say that the campaign should not be losing more than $300 since you know it can have some room to regain profitability with a high CPA Payout.
- Open the Fire & Forget® Settings drawer on the Campaign Details page side menu.
- Set the Stop Amount to your amount you find to be intolerable to lose in one day. Click on the Submit button to save the new Stop Amount (enabling it if you had not had it enabled already).
Your campaign has the following values set in Fire & Forget.
- The campaign is currently operating at Slow Amount. The CPC is at the Lowest Bid of $0.10
- The campaign continues to spend and then reaches the Stop Amount. The campaign is paused and will resume if additional revenue comes in or at the start of the next day.
- While paused, additional conversions come in and increases the revenue and the campaign is now below the Stop Amount threshold. The campaign then enters Slow Amount.
The Stop Amount prevents a campaign from running more that day since it has lost more than you find acceptable for that campaign. Prevent campaigns from running longer and generating more spend without getting the revenue in return that you are looking for. It is useful to monitor these stopped campaigns and evaluate what may not be working specifically - certain sites could be performing poorly, an ad could be dragging the campaign down, and other elements of the campaign could be not set up properly to earn what you think it needs to earn.