What is Lowest Bid?
Lowest Bid is the lowest you let your bids reach when optimizing with Fire & Forget™. There is a Lowest Bid setting at both the Campaign level and Site level.
Lowest Bid only works with Fire & Forget™ enabled.
How Does Lowest Bid Work?
Every time Fire & Forget™ runs, it will go through the Fire & Forget™ Flow to determine what actions to take next. When Desired Click Pacing, CPA Goal, Acceptable Profit, or Site Acceptable Profit run, they will check the Lowest Bid amount and will not set any bids lower than that amount.
Site level Lowest Bid overrides campaign level. This means that a site which has met Sample Size could bid at a site Lowest Bid which may be lower than the campaign level Lowest Bid. As an example, if you set campaign Lowest Bid to $0.10 and the site Lowest Bid was set to $0.06, your sites could bid at $0.06 or higher.
Taboola, Outbrain, and Gemini bid on sites with multipliers, meaning that the site Lowest Bid is a lower limit to bidding but your campaign's effective lowest site bids may actually be higher. If your current Taboola campaign CPC is $0.16, your site bids will only be able to bid $0.08 for sites even if you set site Lowest Bid to $0.05.
The table below shows what Maximus will allow you to set for campaign and site level Lowest Bid, as well as a bid modifier limit if the network has one. For these networks, sites can only be within that range of the current campaign CPC.
Set the Campaign Lowest Bid
In the Fire & Forget™ Settings drawer on the Campaign Details page, click on the Campaigns tab. Enter your Lowest Bid value and then click Submit.
Set the Site Lowest Bid
In the Fire & Forget™ Settings drawer on the Campaign Details page, click on the Sites tab. Enter your Lowest Bid value and then click Submit.
Your Taboola campaign has the following settings:
Look Back Days : 7 days
Current CPC : $0.12
Site Sample Size : 50
Site Acceptable Profit : 15%
Site Lowest Bid : $0.05
The site HOMEPAGE has had over 200 clicks in the past week, but no conversions.
- Site Sample Size has been met, so Fire & Forget™ runs Site Acceptable Profit optimization.
- Since HOMEPAGE has 0 conversions (meaning no revenue), Site Acceptable Profit will set the bid to the Lowest Bid, which is $0.05.
- The site bid for HOMEPAGE is set to $0.06. This is higher than the site Lowest Bid, but it is the lowest possible value Taboola will allow you to set this site at due to the current campaign CPC. $0.12 campaign CPC * 0.50 (50%) means the lowest bid allowed is $0.06.
Your Outbrain Campaign has the following settings:
Look Back Days : 7 days
Current CPC : $0.40
Sample Size : 500
Acceptable Profit : 15%
Lowest Bid : $0.05
The campaign has received over 500 clicks in the past week and the current campaign EPC is $0.04
- Sample Size has been met, so Fire & Forget™ runs Acceptable Profit optimization.
- The current EPC is $0.04, so acceptable profit will bid at $0.04 - 15% for campaign CPC. This value is $0.034
- Since the Lowest bid is $0.05, Fire & Forget™ sets the current campaign CPC to $0.05. It will not optimize lower than this value.
Using Lowest Bid at the campaign or site level lets you comfortably set a floor on how low your bids can go. By managing the lowest bid value, you can reduce spending on campaigns or sites that aren't currently profitable, as well as continue using optimizations on the site level allowing good sites to bid higher while poor sites bid at the Lowest Bid.