What is Highest Bid?
Highest Bid is the highest you let your bids reach when optimizing with Fire & Forget™. There is a Highest Bid setting at both the Campaign level and Site level.
Highest Bid only works with Fire & Forget™ enabled.
How Does Highest Bid Work?
Every time Fire & Forget™ runs, it will go through the Fire & Forget™ Flow to determine what actions to take next. When Desired Click Pacing, CPA Goal, Acceptable Profit, or Site Acceptable Profit run, they will check the Highest Bid amount and will not set any bids higher than that amount.
Site level Highest Bid overrides campaign level. This means that a site which has met Sample Size could bid at a site Highest Bid which may be higher than the campaign level Highest Bid. As an example, if you set campaign Highest Bid to $0.10 and the site Highest Bid was set to $0.16, your sites could bid higher than $0.10 up to $0.16.
Taboola, Outbrain, and Gemini bid on sites with multipliers, meaning that the site Highest Bid is a higher limit to bidding but your campaign's effective highest site bids may actually be higher. If your current Taboola campaign CPC is $0.16, your site bids will only be able to bid $0.24 for sites even if you set site Highest Bid to $0.50.
The table below shows what Maximus will allow you to set for campaign and site level Highest Bid, as well as a bid modifier limit if the network has one. For these networks, sites can only be within that range of the current campaign CPC.
Set the Campaign Highest Bid
In the Fire & Forget™ Settings drawer on the Campaign Details page, click on the Campaigns tab. Enter your Highest Bid value and then click Submit.
Set the Site Highest Bid
In the Fire & Forget™ Settings drawer on the Campaign Details page, click on the Sites tab. Enter your Highest Bid value and then click Submit.
Your Taboola campaign has the following settings:
Look Back Days : 7 days
Current CPC : $0.12
Site Sample Size : 50
Site Acceptable Profit : 15%
Site Highest Bid : $0.25
The site HOMEPAGE has had over 200 clicks in the past week, but no conversions.
- Site Sample Size has been met, so Fire & Forget™ runs Site Acceptable Profit optimization. The resulting value would be $0.26 ($0.31 * 0.85).
- The site bid for HOMEPAGE is set to $0.24. This is lower than the site Highest Bid, but it is the highest possible value Taboola will allow you to set this site at due to the current campaign CPC. $0.12 campaign CPC * 1.50 (150%) means the highest bid allowed is $0.24.
Your Outbrain Campaign has the following settings:
Look Back Days : 7 days
Current CPC : $0.40
Sample Size : 500
Acceptable Profit : 15%
Highest Bid : $0.25
The campaign has received over 500 clicks in the past week and the current campaign EPC is $0.40
- Sample Size has been met, so Fire & Forget™ runs Acceptable Profit optimization.
- The current EPC is $0.40, so acceptable profit will bid at $0.40 - 15% for campaign CPC. This value is $0.34
- Since the Highest bid is $0.25, Fire & Forget™ sets the current campaign CPC to $0.25. It will not optimize higher than this value.
Using Highest Bid at the campaign or site level lets you comfortably set a cap on how high your bids can go. By managing the highest bid value, you can prevent over spending on campaigns or sites while trying to potentially increase traffic.