Fire & Forget® Optimization
Fire & Forget optimizations allow for users to set goals and boundaries to allow campaigns to scale automatically. With Fire & Forget, boundaries can be set for daily loss, budget, and CPC (both on a campaign and site level). Scaling goals can also be set for CPA Goals, EPC margin, and clicks volume.
To understand the process of Fire & Forget, check out the Fire & Forget Flow documentation.
Below are the settings for Fire & Forget. Click on the Setting Name to learn more about that setting.
- Acceptable Profit: The percent margin to set for a campaign. Campaign CPC will be set at EPC minus this percentage of the EPC. Ex: $0.50 EPC with a 10% Acceptable Profit will set campaign CPC to $0.45. (Available only for Acceptable Profit mode)
- CPA Goal: CPA Goal allows you to set an amount that you want to spend to get one conversion. By using CPA Goal, you can let Maximus handle the optimizations if you have a set spend per conversion you want to target. (Available only for CPA Goal mode)
- Budget Reset: Maximus will reset the budget for the campaign to number specified at 1:30 AM EST.
- Budget Increase: The percentage Maximus will increase the current budget by when increasing the budget cap.
- Lowest Bid: The minimum campaign level CPC that Maximus will use for adjusting to the Acceptable Profit and the actual value that the campaign will be set if the campaign reaches its Slow Amount.
- Highest Bid: The maximum campaign level CPC that Maximus will use for adjusting to the Acceptable Profit or meeting Desired Click Pacing.
- Slow Amount: The amount a campaign were to lose in 1 day before Maximus moves the campaign level CPC down to the Lowest Bid. If site optimizations are enabled, all sites will be set to the Lowest Bid.
- Stop Amount: The amount a campaign were to lose in 1 day before Maximus pauses the campaign. The campaign will remain paused for the current day unless conversions come in and the resulting profit total is now below the Stop Amount. The campaign resume at the start of the following day.
- Sample Size: This is the amount of clicks a campaign must receive before Maximus starts any optimization.
- Look Back Days: Fire & Forget uses look back days to determine how far back you will look for the Sample Size.
- Desired Click Pacing: Maximus will strive to deliver a certain number of clicks within a desired number of minutes to pace the campaign. If this goal is not met, Maximus will increase the campaign level CPC by 10% every 5 minutes up to the Highest Bid. If a campaign has not met the Desired Click Pacing goal, the Acceptable Profit setting will be ignored. (Pro Plan only)
- Acceptable Profit: The percent margin to set for a site. The site CPC will be set at site EPC minus this percentage of the Site EPC. Ex: $0.50 EPC with a 10% Acceptable Profit will set site CPC to $0.45.
- Sample Size: This is the number of clicks you want a site to have before Maximus begin to optimize the site.
- Lowest Bid: This is the absolute lowest CPC Maximus will use for an individual site with Fire & Forget.
- Highest Bid: This is the absolute highest CPC Maximus will use for an individual site with Fire & Forget.
- Taboola campaigns have thresholds for site CPCs of 50% +/- of the campaign CPC.
- Outbrain can be up to 800% of the campaign CPC.
- Gemini site bids must be maintained within the range of -80% (Min) up to 800% (Max) of the Gemini CPC value
- Site Block EPC: The EPC value Maximus will check for before blocking a site. This will not occur if the site has not reached the Sample Size goal set for sites. If the value is to $0.03, Maximus will block any site that has an EPC of $0.03 or less that has met the Site Sample Size goal. (Available only for Outbrain campaigns)
- Widget Block EPC: The EPC value Maximus will check for before blocking a widget. This will not occur if the widget has not reached the Sample Size goal set for sites/widgets. (Available only for RevContent campaigns)
- Day Parting: The time periods in which the CPC, both on a campaign and site level, to remain static or periods to automatically pause a campaign. Desired Clicks Pacing, Acceptable Profit, and Site bids are not honored during day parting.
- Restore CPC: Maximus will reset the CPC to its previous value once the day parting section has ended. (Pro Plan only)
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions regarding Fire & Forget Optimization.