Setting Site Bids
To update a site bid, enter the new bid amount and click on the Update Site CPC button. A message will display that the site bid has been updated successfully.
Site bids allow you to bid a different CPC amount for specific sites individually. This allows the flexibility to bid higher on better performing sites for the campaign, and also setting lower bids for lower performing sites.
Site Bid Dependency
With the exception of RevContent, the value of the site bid is dependent of the campaign CPC and uses a percentage modifier.
- Taboola Site Bids can be set either 50% higher or 50% lower of the campaign CPC.
- Outbrain can have Site Bids up to 800% higher of the campaign CPC.
- Gemini Site Bids can be set up to 80% lower or 800% higher of the campaign CPC. Click here to learn more about Gemini Site Bidding.
Network Site Bid Limits
If there is a network limitation on the number of individual site bids that can be made, the limits are displayed next to the Sites tab.
- Taboola campaigns are limited to 50 total site bids per campaign.
- Outbrain campaigns are limited to 500 total site bids per campaign.
Removing Site Bids
To remove a Site Bid, click the Remove Site Bid button from the sites dropdown.
To remove a site from the total bid limitation if it is blocked:
- Unblock the site
- Click the Remove Site Bid button
- Block the site again
Site Bidding Logic
Site bidding is based on a multiplier of the campaign CPC. This means that changes made to campaign CPC after the site bid has been made will also change the site bid amount as well.
In this example, we have a Campaign CPC of $.05.
The current Site Bid CPC is $0.05 for the site "TEXTNOW ANDROID":
We want to set the site bid to $0.10, so we enter that and click the Update Site CPC button. After updating we see that is is now set to $0.10:
Maximus has added a 100% multiplier to this site to reach the Site Bid CPC.
If we then change the Campaign CPC to $0.06 in Edit Gemini Settings we see the CPC has updated to $0.06:
Since there was a 100% multiplier in effect for this site, the Site Bid CPC is now $0.12 for "TEXTNOW ANDROID".