Manage Campaigns FAQ
What is the advantage of looking at campaigns through Maximus vs in the platform?
- Maximus removes bot traffic for a better representation of performance when looking at campaign stats. You can also look at more than one network to compare campaigns across different platforms.
My clicks don’t match with the network. Why?
- Maximus only tracks Maximus’ clicks so they won’t be identical to what the network has, but more than likely they’re within 10%. This is due to filtering of bots, test clicks and/or crawlers.
Why doesn’t Maximus sync network clicks?
- We don’t sync clicks due to delays (2-4 hours) from the network. We’re calculating data based on Maximus clicks so information would never be as accurate if we had to wait on the delay.
Why do I have spend on inactive or rejected campaigns?
- Spend in Maximus is estimate spend displayed in real time. You may have residual clicks from pausing a campaign, but if there is spend/clicks on a rejected or long time inactive campaign this is most likely due to bot traffic. Maximus will analyze bot traffic and block it the next morning if possible. The spends shown from these bot clicks will reconcile with the network and be removed the next day usually.
What does the Active toggle signify?
- A green toggle means that the campaign is active in both Maximus and on the network. A grey toggle means the campaign is paused in both Maximus and on the network.
Why is there a caution icon next to my campaign?
- The caution icon displays the campaign status. Hovering over the caution icon will display the status. Statuses can range from the budget for that campaign being depleted to all the ads for that campaign being paused to the campaign having a future start date.
Why is there a red dollar sign next to my campaign?
- A red dollar sign indicates that revenue for a CPC campaign is currently un-finalized.
What is Budget? Can this value be edited?
- Budget is the daily allotted amount for a campaign to spend. The budget can be edited directly from the Manage Campaigns table by clicking on the value and adjusting the amount. Click here to learn more about editing the budget.
What is CPC?
- CPC stands for Cost Per Click. It can be edited directly from Manage Campaigns, except for Gemini campaigns.
What is the range of the CPC?
The CPC range is depended on the network. The maximum CPC that Maximus supports is $3.00. For Gemini campaigns, the maximum CPC is $0.50. The minimum CPC are as follows:
- Taboola: $0.05
- Outbrain: $0.03
- RevContent: $0.01
- Content.Ad: $0.30
- Gemini: $0.05
What is Avg. CPC?
- The Avg CPC is the Spend divided by the total clicks on the current date range. For Gemini campaigns, this value is pulled directly from the network.
Why doesn’t my Avg. CPC match the network?
- Maximus always uses Maximus clicks to calculate all statistics. Network clicks change over time, but Maximus clicks are always static.
What is EPC and how is it updated?
- EPC, or Earnings Per Click, is the Revenue divided by Maximus Clicks. It is updated in real-time. This value will change when a campaign is receiving clicks or conversions. A campaign generating large amounts of clicks with no revenue will see EPC decrease.
How is Spend estimated?
- Estimated spend is calculated based on the Maximus clicks * CPC. Maximus associates a CPC for every click and spend is estimated by associating a cost with each click. Maximus tracks accuracy within 10%.
Why don’t my Sales match the network?
- It is possible that the Maximus pixel fires without the network pixels firing. A pixel would be required to track sales in Maximus where as having the network pixel for tracking is optional. Most Maximus users do not use the network tracking pixels.
Why would I need a Campaign ID?
- The campaign ID would be needed when working with network representatives. Campaign ID may also be used when setting whitelists for campaigns.
Why would I have revenue but no conversions?
- CPC campaigns with estimated revenue will not display conversions.
Why wouldn’t Maximus use finalized data older than a week?
- There may have been some trends that occurred prior to the week that won’t be beneficial in decision making now. For example, we wouldn’t base any decisions in November on July’s data.
What is finalized revenue vs non finalized revenue?
- Finalized revenue includes the last 7 days of revenue with at least 250 clicks. Non finalized revenue includes values that haven’t been finalized by the network.
What is the criteria for estimating revenue?
- We take the last 7 days of finalized revenue which also includes at least 48 hours of un-finalized data.
What information is provided with I click "Download CSV"?
- Clicking "Download CSV" will generate a report of the Manage Campaigns table based on the selected filters of Date, Network, User, Tracking Type and Campaign Type. The report will include the Budget, Clicks, Sales, Avg CPC, CPC, EPC, Spend, Revenue, Profit, Profit Percentage & Campaign ID for each Campaign shown in the table.